The Cathedral of St Mary and St Anne Presbytery lies at the junction of Cathedral Street and Roman Street. It is directly across from or south of the North Cathedral's sanctuary tower. Built in 1878, the presbytery serves as the parish office and parochial house for the Cathedral. It is faced on all sides with red brick and some ornate limestone carvings. An important part of the ecclesiastical built heritage of the Shandon area — between the North Cathedral and the early eighteenth-century Church of St Anne (visible at right of above photograph at the end of Chapel Street) — it continues to serve its original purpose as parish office. The map detail on the right shows the presbytery from the 1913 Ordnance Survey of Ireland map.
National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, www.buildingsofireland.ie