Athenaeum

 

Atheneum
 

This building, which was originally called 'The Athenaeum', was opened in 1855.  The Athenaeum was renamed 'The Munster Hall' in 1875 and renamed the Opera House in 1877 after extensive reconstruction.  The Opera House was destroyed by fire on 13 December 1955.  A new building, the 'Cork Opera House' was opened on the same site in 1965. 

BrowseAloud
Cork City Libraries, Grand Parade, Cork, Ireland.
Contact us: Tel. +353 21 4924900 | Fax. + 353 21 4275684 | Email: libraries@corkcity.ie