The photograph shows crowds watching the procession of Edward VII and Alexandra on the north side of the South Mall near its junction with Princes Street. Edward and Alexandra were in Cork to visit the Cork Greater International Exhibition on 1 August 1903. The troop of cavalry leading the procession was drawn from the Royal Horse Guards regiment. The British Film Institute has a collection of film called the Mitchell & Kenyon Collection which contains several reels of film showing scenes from the Cork Exhibition.
Download this image in PDF format from the link below:Royal Horse Guards Regiment PDF(227KB)