1801 : William Beauford's map of Cork city

William Beauford's map of 1801 shows the river channel, which ran along the course of St Patrick's Street, completely covered over. The covering of St Patrick's Street took place between 1774 and 1789.

This colour and clearer image replaced the monochrome version formerly on this page. 

 

1801 : Beauford's map of Cork city is also available in PDF format:

1801: Beauford's map of Cork city (colour)(2,695KB)

BrowseAloud
Cork City Libraries, Grand Parade, Cork, Ireland.
Contact us: Tel. +353 21 4924900 | Fax. + 353 21 4275684 | Email: libraries@corkcity.ie